What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
- Introduced through the Government’s Localism Act 2011
- It provides an legal instrument with which Parish Councils can shape development in their area
- It becomes an extension of the Vale District Council’s Local Plan
- It can be used in the determination of planning applications
- It gives communities the opportunity to direct the development of their area through creating plans and polices
- It may contain a vision, aims, planning policies, proposals for improving the area or providing new facilities
- It will be subject to examination and referendum
- It is necessary to gain a more than 50% ‘yes’ vote in a public referendum to bring these plans and orders into force
In short :
It’s your plan, with your ideas to shape Steventon’s future
Whilst it’s the Parish Council that facilitates it, you will have the final say.
Please feel free to send us your comments.