Steventon Parish Council has embarked upon the creation of our Neighbourhood Plan, and we need your input to address some key questions, including:
• What do you regard as the most important features of living in our village?
• What do you regard as the biggest threat to the well being of our village?
• What’s missing from our Village that you’d like to see added?
Our Neighbourhood Plan is a very real opportunity to incorporate the views of the residents and determine how the Vale’s Plan is applied to our Village.
Once approved our Neighbourhood Plan:
• Provides a legal document which the Parish Council can shape development in our area.
• Becomes an extension of the Vale District Council’s Local Plan.
• Can be used in the determination of planning applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the purpose of the questionnaire?
The questionnaire is an essential element in finding out what the people of Steventon want for the village in the future. The questions that are asked have been based on the many comments made at the publicity event for the Neighbourhood Plan held earlier this year.
2. Will my answers to the questionnaire be confidential and anonymous?
Yes. You do not put your name or address anywhere on the questionnaire.
3. What happens to the answers?
The valuable statistics derived from the questionnaires will be returned in the form of a report to the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee. They will be used as the essential data on which the Neighbourhood Plan is formulated. In some places we are inviting you to write words instead of ticking boxes. These written entries will be read separately and fully taken into account.
4. How do I fill in the questionnaire?
Please use a black ballpoint pen. If you make a mistake use the pen to completely black out the box with the wrong answer in it, and then put your tick in the correct box.
If you do not want to answer a question just leave it blank.
5. Who should fill out the questionnaire?
Every household in the village is involved and everyone in the village of 12 years and older should complete the questionnaire. Your distributor will give you enough questionnaires for everybody in your household.
6. Can I give my name to become a volunteer and help in village activities?
Certainly. Either phone the number given in the questionnaire, or tell the distributor when they pick up your questionnaire and they will pass on your name.
7. We’re rather busy – is it really vital? Yes it is! This is for all of us. Other villages doing their plans have managed to achieve nearly 100% participation which has made all the difference.
8. Where is the draw money coming from? It is from a Government grant that encourages communities to develop their Neighbourhood Plans.
Please try to find the time to fill this in and have it ready for your distributor. Thank you. The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee
Name and phone number of your distributor . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .